Water Day

Importance of Water on Earth

Water covers approximately 70% of the Earth's surface, while the remaining 30% corresponds to the landmass. The earth contains about 1,386 million cubic kilometers of water, of which 96.5% is salt water. Ninety-seven percent of the water is found in the oceans, and 2% remains frozen. Only 2.5% of the water that exists on earth is fresh water.

On the other hand, 65% of our body is water, a basic element for life. These are objective data that need no further explanation to give it the importance we all know it has.

Water situation in our province

If we focus on our province, the situation is very serious.

Data on Reservoirs

Reservoir capacity: 1,821 hm3, situation on 18/03/24: 402 hm3, i.e. 22.08%, the problem is that we only have at most two months of possible rainfall until the summer, although in recent years the saying "in April a thousand waters" has not been fulfilled. 

Rainfall Forecast

It seems that the rain forecast for the next few days is good, although for many it is not good news, as it coincides with Easter, here if the saying "it never rains to everyone's liking" is true, what can we do.

Sustainable Solutions

In summary, it is still necessary to save water, both at the individual level, and at the level of the administrations, in the latter case it is necessary to solve the leaks of the canalizations that the % is high, also it is necessary to transfer water from where it is surplus to where it is lacking, it is something obvious, in our province we have the example of the Guadiaro to Majaceite, which works very well as we have seen this year, there are solutions.